I have come up with a new cocktail of mine to celebrate this beautiful March afternoon. It’s a whole new experience of drinking keenu/orange juice and lemon juice and stocking up on your dose of vitamin C to boost immunity. Also I suggest we use tonic in place of soda as tonic has quinone. Hydroquinone is being tested as a possible defense against the virus. Won’t harm using some. I juiced a few kilos of Keenu and froze it in ice trays for better space management in the fridge. We plan to finish these off in a couple of weeks, no long-term storage plans. Here’s the prep. Enjoy the drink and screw the virus!
Things you need:
- 4-5 large cubes of freshly frozen keenu/orange juice
- 1 small measure of gin/Cointreau
- tonic water/soda to top up
- sprig of mint
- salt crystals
- Moisten the rim of a high ball glass. Lace it with salt crystals.
- Drop 4-5 cubes of orange juice in the glass. Be carefull not to brush off the salt crystals.
- Pour small measure, 30 ml of gin if the juice is too sweet. Else you can use cointreau.
- Top up with tonic water if used gin. Else top with soda if you used cointreau.
- Mixing cointreau and tonic to keenu juice will make it too sweet. You could balance the sweetness by adding a dash of lemon juice for tang. You trade off some of the the flavour and freshness of orange juice for some tang and extra dose of vitamin C.
- Throw some crushed fresh mint leaves on top. You are good to go!